WHO WE ARE
Sexual Violence Action Committee (SVAC)
SVAC is a committee dedicated to ensuring well-grounded response and prevention related to sexual violence in Southwestern Alberta. We believe in collaboration, information sharing & raising public awareness about the community impacts of sexual violence.
Our responsibilities include:
- Create and promote collaboration between systems, organizations and services
- Create action, education and awareness that serve to prevent sexual violence
- Create, deliver and evaluate training, education and awareness sessions that address sexual violence
- Address and advocate for necessary system changes that impact sexual violence
The primary work of the Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services is to provide leadership, coordination and collaboration of sexual assault services in Alberta. The AASAS member agencies and services are responsible for day-to-day front line delivery of services within their local communities and regional areas (see AASAS Member Map). To contact a sexual assault centre, visit Get Help.
As a provincial support organization, AASAS focuses its efforts in these key areas:
- Awareness: AASAS works to increase public and government awareness of issues involving sexual abuse and sexual assault and the impacts they have on Albertans.
- Access: AASAS strives to ensure that all Albertans affected by sexual abuse and sexual assault have access to healing and recovery programs, services and supports.
To find out more, to access our research or to connect, please visit the AASAS website at AASAS
Chinook Sexual Assault Centre
If you would like to support Survivors of Sexual Violence please go to:
for the tools to contact the Alberta government, write an MLA or download a social media post.
The following organizations are SVAC partners: